Sr. Systems Administrator-Devops
Job Title: Sr. Systems Administrator-Devops
Location : Los Angeles, California
The Senior Systems Administrator is a motivated, self-driven, and naturally inquisitive problem solver who loves building and supporting solutions that leverage the latest technologies. This position requires an individual fully comfortable with the Microsoft computing platform, including Windows Server, Azure, Active Directory, DNS, SMTP, SFTP, IIS, and MS-SQL. Individuals in this role are also comfortable utilizing and supporting VMWare virtualization technologies and operating in a highly secured environment. Strong familiarity with a broad range of Enterprise-class services, such as message queuing, storage, anti-virus, backup, and monitoring solutions is desired.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader among their peers, and has a reputation as the “go-to” person for questions about new technologies or guidance during business-critical situations. They possess a good mix of technical and “soft” skills which makes for a key resource on global enterprise projects. Successful candidates in this role tear-down silos between teams, promoting open and free communication between peers and those in different groups. Candidates have over five years of progressive working experience, building and supporting enterprise-class technical solutions.
- Build, maintain, and tune Windows Server infrastructure (on-premises and cloud) with emphasis on systems performance, high availability, security, and technology integration.
- Collaborate with teams building Azure Infrastructure-As-Code (TFS/GIT).
- Configure and administer a wide array of on-premise, IaaS, and SaaS-based enterprise solutions including storage, telemetry, message queueing, and search.
- Automate common or complex tasks via scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, Python etc...)
- Create, maintain, and document standards and procedures for hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Gather requirements, evaluate, present, implement, integrate, and document solutions for new business initiatives.
- Assist in planning and executing plans for disaster recovery, information security, and business continuity.
- Monitor environment performance and capacity, forecast system demands, and recommend upgrades, expansions, and reconfigurations.
- Perform software installations, patching, and upgrades to operating systems and third-party software applications.
- Troubleshoot system problems and take appropriate corrective action to include interacting with team members or vendors in performing complex testing, support, and troubleshooting functions.
- Maintain technical competency through self-guided study, structured training, and attendance at technical seminars and forums.
- Participate in the on-call rotation to provide support and troubleshooting assistance 24x7x365.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar, relevant technical certification, or related professional work experience.
- Five to Seven years’ experience in Windows systems operations and support.
- Fundamental knowledge of Azure, Active Directory, IIS, MS-SQL, DNS, PKI, STMP, and FTP.
- Methodical and insightful troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication, including the ability to express complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Motivated self-starter, reliable, dedicated, with scheduling flexibility.
- (Strongly Preferred)
- Experience building Infrastructure-As-Code.
- Expertise with system and performance monitoring tools (Azure Monitor, SolarWinds, AppDynamics, Log Analytics).
- Highly experienced using at least one scripting language (PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc…).
- Development skills in Java or C#.
Job Status: Full Time